Marquette MI is that rare area that truly has “something for everyone.” It has won a multitude of awards covering almost every aspect of living in town. Most impressive may be the recognition that Marquette has received as being one of the best places to raise a young family as well as being one of the best places to retire.
Marquette has a vibrant downtown with unique shops and restaurants, major retail stores, a first class hospital, magnificent lakefront, fabulous architecture, it is the home of Northern Michigan University, an airport close by, skiing, hiking, snowmobiling and an abundance of affordable housing in any style you could imagine.
Call me at 906-250-7286 or email me to find out more about Marquette and the surrounding communities or to find the home of your dreams.
Marquette Awards and Recognition
- America’s Top Mountain Bike Towns– ActiveTimes.com, 2013
- Top 10 Places to Retire– CBS Money Watch, 2012
- Best Places to Retire– Money Magazine, 2011
- Nation’s Top Micropolitans (#20 out of 576)- Site Selection Magazine, 2011
- Top 10 Winter Wonderlands to Retire– U.S. News & World Report, 2011
- Dozen Distinctive Destinations “Fan Favorite”– National Trust for Historic Preservation, 2010
- National Medal for Museum and Library Service– Peter White Public Library, 2010
- Best Small Cities to Raise a Family (#3)– Forbes.com, 2010
- Top Midwest City Beaches (#7)– Midwest Living, 2010
- Bicycle-friendly Communities– League of American Bicyclists, 2010
- 100 Best Communities for Young People– America’s Promise Alliance, 2010
- Top eCities-University of Michigan Dearborn iLabs, 2011
- Top 200 Towns for Sportsmen (#2)– Outdoor Life, 2009
- Best Places to Live in Rural America– Progressive Farmer, 2008
- Top 10 Winter Outdoor Family Getaways– Weather.com, 2008
- Top Running Towns (#8)– Trail Runners Magazine, 2008
- Best Art Towns in America– 100 Best Art Towns – John Villani, 2005
- America’s Most Livable Communities– Partners for Livable Communities, 2004
- Michigan Cool City– State of Michigan, 2004
- All-America County– National Civic League, 2003